Tuesday, June 25th 2013
Open Figure Drawing @ Softwater Studios -
Open Figure Drawing session at “Soft Water Studios” in the Warehouse Arts District. There will be a series of warm-up poses as well as 5, 10, and 20 minute poses by a partially draped or undraped model. Bring your own mediums and paper. 2D or 3D are both welcome. We have several Drawing Benches and tables or bring your own easel.
515 22nd Street South, Saint Petersburg, Florida
Thursday, June 27th, 2013 8:30 PM
Sketching With The Subconscious - Sketching from the subconscious is a great way to get in touch with the inner you. We all possess all the knowledge and truth inside of ourselves to accomplish any task or solve any problem. In this hour long meetup group you will be able to set an intention for the session and be given the tools to relax and give your subconscious a chance to speak through you as you sketch or drawn on paper. The hour will be divided into three parts, a guided mediation, free form drawing or sketching and free thought writing. Whether you have a specific issue on your mind you want to get some insight on or you simply want to connect to the inner spirit, sketching and writing are great ways to express and possibly learn something new about yourself too. All materials will be provided.
Please confirm your attendance so we bring enough chairs :)
at Ashi by Pilar Studio
Saturday, June 29th, 2013
Can't do it Concert @ Robot House -
Robot House! Presents: SORRY I'VE BEEN THE WORST FRIEND AND DIDN'T DO THESE DESCRIPTIONS EARLIER // AARON HIBBERT'S PRE-GAME BEFORE ROLLING INTO DA CLUB.
THE GREAT REPRESSION - Massachusetts Sad Punk (Aaron Hibbert & the joe band)
For Fans of Make Do and Mend, La Dispute, and anything Hopeless/Topshelf Records puts out
- Hibby returns to the Bay area again and this time on a SATURDAY (finally). Like I've said time and time before, Aaron is an amazing songwriter and musician. This tour he's coming with a band primarily made of Joe's so it'll be super easy to remember everyone's name. Prepare for some solid jams.
MARLONEISHA - New Jersey Progressive/Melodic Hardcore with members of The Best of the Worst (aka Joe Scala)
For fans of melodic hardcore with chuggs and headbanging. Lots of headbanging with some pretty parts. It's one of those things you kind have to see to really fall in love with. Kinda like the mountains or Grand Canyon.
- JOE SCALA DOING DOUBLE DUTY. He's bringing one of his other bands from the land of fist pumps and 76ers (That's Jersey for you uncultured folk). Check the bandcamp and get into it. It's gonna get heavy. Nate's gonna mosh if he decides to not pose and show up.
GOUGE AWAY - South Florida Hardcore Punk
For fans of Refused, Punch (kinda. They aren't as hard and fast as them, but the vocals remind me of them)
- SOUTH FL REPRESENT. Heavy eclectic and chaotic hardcore punk. Makes me wanna get up and move around. You may see me in the pit. MAYBE. Either way, you should check this band out because if they keep it up they can be a major staple in Florida.
CAN'T DO IT - St. Pete Ska/Punk
This band is still around? Jesus. For fans of Rude Squad, I guess. That and Matt Rooney, but he's pretty whatever in my book. For fans of Jon Jones. (lol yuck.) but for real, for fans of 3rd wave. I can't say what band they sound like because they really just sound like Can't Do It. I'll stop now. Check them out.
- Matt Welch (aka: Fresno Bob aka Hugh G. Rection, aka MC WLCH) once called this band "Tampa's Devo" and "Ska Nerds" and he was pretty much right. Erratic, busy ska punk fronted by a guy that my cousin said sounded like Mandark from Dexter's Lab. If you've been in the ska scene for a while and haven't seen or heard of can't do it then you aren't talking to the right people. Local legends. Josh was on the cover of the tbt*. Google it.
MADISON TURNER - Tampa acoustic with backing band Folk/Ska/Punk
For fans of Andrew Jackson Jihad, Matt Wixson's Flying Circus, and Paranoia Dance Party's members, because this band sounds nothing like PDP.
- Maddie initially told me she wasn't going to do anymore locals show but LOOK AT HER NOW. She's about to go into the studio with her band of handsome dudes to record a full length album. Tons of new songs. A little ska, mostly singalongable folk punk. I'm gonna have a lot of fun playing these songs. I hope you can attend and experience them for yourself so you can get a taste of what this album is gonna sound like!
@ EPIC PROBLEM(formerly Transitions Art Gallery)
4215 East Columbus Drive
Tampa, FL 33605
Saturday, June 29th, 8:00 PM
2621 Fairfield Ave. S., Saint Petersburg,
MARK CASTLE - https://www.facebook.com/
GRAPH RABBIT - https://www.facebook.com/
JEREMY GLOFF - https://www.facebook.com/
with a special drag performance by
BLUE WILLIAMS - https://www.facebook.com/
8pm, $5, ALL ages
(post under construction)