Every Tuesday we have Open Figure Drawing at Soft Water Studios. Models are nude or partially draped. 2, 5, and 20 minute poses. Easels, benches and tables are available. Bring your own paper & supplies. $7 Model Fee.
6:30pm until 9:00pm in EST
515 22nd Street South, Saint Petersburg
Wednesday January 29
hey y'all, my good pal PJ Bond is coming back to st. pete with his friend Marko Casso. this show is more on the acoustic side of things, but totally solid. let's hang out!
PJ Bond (north carolina? the open road? hard to nail him down to one location)
Lonly Monster (wonderful scamp is back in the burg)
Kyle Chason (grocery store wunderkind)
Jeff Brawer (solid dude from Dukes of Hillsborough, Raguckas, Watson, etc.)
It's happening at Planet Retro!
Doors at 7pm
2414 Central Avenue, Saint Petersburg,
FREE (Donations definitely encouraged)
Thursday, January 30th 2014
7:00pm until 10:00pm
Vincent J Kral invited you.
GO FIGURE: A New Approach to Figuration
Nostalgia, time and memory are concepts of keen interest to artist Ville Mehtonen. By combining abstraction with figuration, his work blends the familiar with the surreal and forces his audience to reexamine an image's origin.
4101 N. Florida Ave, Tampa
Friday, January 31
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance Celebrates Artistic Inspiration with MUSE@MFA, our inaugural pARTy on Friday, January 31st at the Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, Florida to pay tribute to those who influence the vibrant artistic culture within our community.
No stiff tuxes – no boring speeches. This creatively charged benefit will ask the question, “Who inspires your creativity?”
During MUSE@MFA, guests will be immersed in a pARTy, infused with the premiere of an interactive digital art exhibit from sponsor, HD Interactive, pop-up performances, artful dinner courses, fashion and a curated auction. The voices and influence of local artists will be inescapable, as they will be featured throughout the evening.
• Lina Teixeira, Wearable Art will take the MUSE image and transform it into wearable art that will be showcased at the event. Patrons will be able to bid on it at the Silent Auction and have a unique fashion photo opp!
• Each guest will receive a special treat from sponsor, Viktoria Richards Chocolates, specifically designed for MUSE@MFA.
• La Lucha is providing our jazzy backdrop.
• The inimitable Eugenie Bondurant and Paul Wilborn will favor us with delightful song selections.
• MagicDewayne Hill will baffle you with his tableside Hand Magic
• Alex Harris and the Arts Conservatory for Teens (ACT) will bring a little Motown to MUSE.
• Derek Donnelly, owner of "SAINT PAINT" Arts and Apparel will provide an up-close-and personal view of a painter at work.
• Singer-songwriter Fran Snyder will preview tunes from the upcoming Office Concerts Series.
• Bruce W. Norris will capture your spirit in caricature.
The presentation of two inaugural MUSE Awards will recognize St. Petersburg artists who are stellar representatives of our city. Help us will shine a spotlight on our creative community by nominating an outstanding St. Petersburg artist, actor, dancer, singer, musician, or writer who is an inspiring representative of our City of the Arts.
The Muse with the most nominations will be recognized with the People’s Choice Award. (Awards designed by Jacob Stout and Mariel Bass of St. Petersburg Hot Glass Workshop/ Duncan McClellan Glass)
Nominations for MUSE ended on January 10, 2014 so get your tickets now to see who the award recipients will be!
Proceeds will benefit arts & cultural organizations supported by Arts Alliance programs and services. Tickets for Muse@MFA start at $100 per person to $500 for a Cabaret table of 4.
WHO IS YOUR MUSE?
Saturday, Feb 1st
No Wheel, No Problem
If you’re looking for a few great, creative techniques offering loads of potential, look no further. Mitch Lyons, a skilled potter for more than 40 years, presents an expertly produced two-part program where he shares some of his unique handbuilding and decorating techniques using a stick and colored clays.
$125 pp per day or $200 for both days
2724 Sixth Avenue S, Saint Petersburg
KSLwill celebrate its 2-Year Anniversary with Localtopia, "A Community Celebration of All Things Local," a FREE family and pet-friendly event *presented by Mazzaro's Italian Market* featuring:
• Over 100 vendors/participants from St. Pete's favorite independent businesses for arts & culture, shopping, eating & drinking, health & wellness + service providers and non-profits * Full list here: http://
• Local craft beer garden with the "Drink Like A Local" draft beer truck serving brews from St. Pete's breweries (Cycle Brewing, Green Bench Brewing Co., St Petersburg Brewing Company) and other carefully selected Florida craft brewers (tap list to be announced soon) *Beer Garden Sponsor: Brown Distributing*
• Live music and entertainment all day on the Williams Park bandstand [lineup: ♥ St. Petersburg Opera Company ♥ Jun純 (Bustamante) ♥ Al Downing Tampa Bay Jazz Association ♥ Halibut ♥ Electric Landlady (representing St. Petersburg Music Factory) ♥ Hip Expressions Dance Studio ♥ The Hideaway Cafe "Living Room Live" (in-the-round with Forrest Hoffar, John Holt III, Shane SD Anderson and Ed Woltil) ♥ Rebekah Pulley & The Reluctant Prophets ♥ The Applebutter Express ♥ Betty Fox Band] *Stage Sponsor: The Hideaway Cafe*
• VIP Vignette seating areas created by St. Pete's beloved antique & vintage shops *VIP Vignette Seating Area Sponsor: Paper Street Market* BOOTHS ARE $50/HOUR BEFORE JAN 31 - $60/HOUR DAY OF EVENT - BOOK VIA THIS LINK: http://www.eventbrite.com/
• Children's area with special, engaging experiences
• Live painting by artists Sebastian Coolidge, Derek Donnelly of "SAINT PAINT" Arts and Apparel and James Oleson of The Oleson Gallery onto unique canvases that will then become an art installation in the park
• More surprises to be revealed!
:::::::::: NEW: VILLAGES ADDED TO EVENT ::::::::::
• Skate Village with skate ramp and tricks by Schoolyard Skatepark
• St. Pete Indie Market Village - vendors will be announced soon!
->-> Master of Ceremonies: Matthew McGee from freeFall Theatre Company <- br="">
This was our city's first park and we want to help bring it back to what it used to be! Put 2.1.14 down as a great day out in St. Pete for all ages!
* This is a City of St. Petersburg, Florida USA sponsored event *
* Sponsors: Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay / Rent-All City / Rollin' Oats / Visual Impact by: conceptBAIT, inc.
* Media Sponsors: Creative Loafing Tampa ~ iLovetheBurg/ Downtown St. Pete ~ St. Petersburg Tribune/TBO.com
* Promotional Sponsors: St Petersburg Chamber / Visit St. Pete/Clearwater / ARTICULATE Suncoast / THE NEW BARKER
Localtopia artwork created by Donald Ambroziak Design - http://
* Event will also benefit fellow non-profit organizations St. Petersburg Free Clinic and Suncoast Center, Inc. -->
Temple Beth El Show
The best art show in town! This is an invitational, judged indoor exhibit and sale of original artwork including painting, photography, mixed media and so much more. 170 national and internantional award winning artists.
Saturday, February 3: 6pm - 10pm $20 advance $25 at door Gala
Sunday, February 2: 11am - 5pm free admission
Monday, February 3: 10am - 5pm free admission
For more information, go to: www.artfestivalbethel.com
400 Pasadena Ave. South, Saint Petersburg
Sunday, Feb 2nd
At Inkwood Books....
Poet/host Diana Browning invites you to attend 1st Sunday Open Mic. Showcase your talent in music, spoken word or comedy. Beer, wine, soda and water will be available for purchase at the event or better yet buy a book!
6:30pm until 9:30pm
216 South Armenia Avenue, Tampa,