Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Omissions and Corrections: ArtOn Central

  It has been brought to my attention by a kind soul/third party that there were at least three events that I failed to credit to the organization that put them on: "Live Paint on Central", blogged on Feb 24th, 2011 [Link].  "On the Waterfront @ The Artpocalypse, blogged on May 28th, 2011[Link]. The "Blue Woo Summer Show", blogged on July 31, 2011 [Link].

All of these events were ArtOn Central Events, put together by Jennifer Holt and Zack Rogers and should have been credited thusly.

I need to clarify a few things here: There was no intent to not credit ArtOn Central. No one at any of these events that I spoke to, and I spoke to dozens of the artists,  ever mentioned ArtOn Central. ArtOn Central, who apparently read Art Taco, never wrote a single comment to alert me, as others have when I've made other errors, to let me know my oversights. This over three events. To date, I have not received one single press release from ArtOn Central.

ArtOn Central surely must know that I heaped lavish praise on those three particular events as I found them well-organized, engaging, with a great mix of artists, and everything an arts event should be.

Please take the time to communicate when there is a concern instead of letting them go and becoming upset. I am at your service. All of the entries mentioned above have been corrected. I have not been able to find an e-mail address for ArtOn Central, but as soon as I do, I will contact them. Hopefully I will hear from them, too.

Sorry for the oversights,

--- Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment