Deep Carnivale 2013
Thursday Feb. 21, 2013
Friday Feb. 22, 2013
10am to 6pm
Saturday Feb. 23, 2013
1pm to 5pm
Sunday Feb. 24, 2013
Grownman Brand Studios
6412 Central Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33604
- Authors, poetry readings, discussions, live performances, visual art and a "books-as-sculpture" workshop
- Teens, adults and tribal elders
Daytime events on Saturday and Sunday are FREE.
Tickets for 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday performances are $8 general admission, $5 for students and seniors.
Tickets for Friday and Saturday 10 p.m. performances are $5 general admission, $3 students and seniors.
- More Information
- For more information, visit us on Facebook
Schedule (Under Construction)7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday
The Agony and Ecstasy of Steve Jobs, by Mike Daisey. Performed by Richard J. Girard, directed by Taylor Ashley.
$8 general admission. $5 students and seniors.
10 p.m. Friday
Wombs On The Run - Neko Linda Williams (spoken word performance), with guest poet David Durney.
$5 general admission, $3 students and seniors
11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday
Readings by Silvia Curbelo, David Durney, Maria Fabian, Melissa Fair, Paul Guzzo, Rhonda J. Nelson, Sarah Myhre, Katie Riegel, Enid Shomer, Ira Sukrungruang, James E. Tokely, Sr.
10 p.m. Saturday
The Explanations Point - Stuart Kincade (soundscape/spoken word performance)
$5 general admission, $3 for students and seniors
1 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
Salon: Wombs On The Run - Neko Linda Williams (spoken word performance) and other readings by guest poets.
Facts About Deep Carnivale
- Started in Ybor City, September 2008, by the Artists and Writers Group
- The title of the festival was inspired by a phrase in the short story, The Kite Trick, by Canadian author Bill Gaston. Author Enid Shomer suggested the title. The title reflects the Latin flavor of Ybor City and Tampa, while the meaning of the phrase illuminates this celebration of writers and writing; "...Deep carnivale - the strange and mysterious dance of human meat.