Thursday, December 26, 2013

Bunnies to Bridges, Closing of eve-N-odd gallery‏

[It is with a deep sadness that I post this press release received from eve N odd gallery about its last show and closing at the end of January 2014. Its director, Jennifer Kosharek, was the Art Taco Person of the Year for her consistently strong first-rate shows at this small but significant gallery in the Crislip Arcade. I count Ms. Kosharek as one of the great gallerists in the Bay Area, and I was not alone. Thank you, eve N odd and Jennifer Kosharek, for your efforts.]


Bunnies to Bridges, Closing of eve-N-odd gallery‏


The eve-N-odd will enjoy it's last month on the 600 Block of Central Avenue.  We have enjoyed three years of memorable shows with artists from all over the world and those who are your neighbors.  I painted murals in the alley, organized the yarn bombing of the block, invited a traveling letter press to visit us,  had an international show of cancer survivor women, had group shows such as the one that produced a coloring book!--just to name a few.    I don't think I could have tried any harder to put St. Petersburg, FL on the art map of the world. Sometimes I think my international followers valued this gallery more than the city of St Pete.  No matter, I will continue to make my own art!  

Our last show will be a traditional mail art show with the theme of: Ray Johnson, the father of mail art.  "Bunnies to Bridges"  will open January11th from 6-10 pm and will be the last show in the gallery. 

eve-N-odd gallery, 645 Central Ave. #11, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Show will be up through the end of January

--

Thank you!!!! 

Jennifer Kosharek
727 433 4981

No comments:

Post a Comment