Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Gallery is Born: Victoria Arendt's Vision 47

Photo

A new gallery has opened in the Crislip Arcade at 645 Central. I had seen Victoria Arendt fervently painting for weeks in her space. She had a soft opening on the August 2nd Saturday when I had the opportunity to talk with her. A transplant from Los Angeles, her new paintings of St. Petersburg have been attracting a lot of attention. It's a highly individuated, unusual romantic vision with a restricted range of tones and colors.


Victoria will have a grand opening on Sept 8th at 6:00 PM during the Sept 2nd Saturday Art Walk.

______________________________________________________


One of the many positive comments I've come across regarding Arendt's work comes from friend and artist Clint Thomas:


"Last week while visiting some of my favorite galleries in the Crislip Arcade, I was introduced to Victoria Arendt, the newest addition to the Arcade's artists. Upon entering the gallery, the scent of solvent and an easel promised a peek at new work. My attention was instantly drawn to the color palette of the first few pieces I viewed. Dark emotional hues in cityscapes that immediately struck a chord with me, invoking images of Philadelphia. To my surprise, these were renderings of St. Pete."

No comments:

Post a Comment