Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Call for Artists: "Dreams" Show @ Kawah Nov 2nd. 2013
Velva Lee Heraty (Dream Momma) and Life Improvement Radio invite you to tap into your best creative spirit and submit to a month long juried art and photography show titled "Dreams." The show will be at the popular downtown hot spot Kahwa South in St. Petersburg Florida.
We are looking for submissions that depict dreams, a dream state, or something otherworldly. This is a juried show with prizes and extensive media/marketing exposure.
On November 2nd, during the opening reception, there will be a book reading of Dream Momma's new book, "The Dream Belongs to the Dreamer." This will expose your art to the literary world.
Here's what else you need to know.
• "Dreams" will be videotaped with live artist's interviews on site opening night.
• The top three accepted submissions will be featured on the Dream Momma website, Life Improvement Radio website, YouTube, and six social media sites for the duration of the show.
• The top winner will be given an hour interview on the new Life Improvement Radio Show, "Let's Talk Life" hosted by Velva Lee Heraty, aka Dream Momma.
• Panels of other participating artists will be featured on "Let's Talk Life" through May, 2014.
• The winner will be included in any revised additions of the book "The Dream Belongs to the Dreamer."
• Ribbons for the top three art works will be given along with certificates of acceptance to the juried show.
• Free entree into a marketing seminar for all chosen entrants on how to price, promote and sell your art in a venue like Kahwa South.
Submission: (There is room for twenty 16X20 works of art on Kahwa's walls)
• To enter submit a low res (72dpi) image no larger than 1.10mg or 720X518 to email@example.com.
• Deadline for submission is Monday, October 14th at noon.
• Judging will begin promptly at 10:00am Tuesday, October 15th.
• Judges are professional artists and curators from out of state.
• If accepted, image(s) must be framed, unless full wrap canvas, and no larger than 16X20.
• Submissions are limited to three per artist/photographer.
Important other info:
• Upon submission(s) print your full name and e-mail for inclusion in the program.
• You MUST be at Kahwa South Friday, November 1st, at 7:00pm to hang your art or you will not be in the show. Bring your own hooks and tools.
• Your art, whether it is sold or not, must remain on the wall until 7:00pm, Friday, November 29th.
• You MUST remove your art on Friday, November 29th at 7:00pm.
• If you have any questions please reread this page. If your question still isn't answered here please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck everyone. It's going to be a terrific, well-attended show. We look forward to being dazzled by your talent and creativity.
[Straight from Velva Lee Heraty]