Friday, December 30, 2011

This last Weekend of 2011, Dec. 30th - Jan 1st

As this tumultuous year winds down to a close, the number of arts events is small. But there are two must-see things going on. The first is a proven, sure thing, one I can recommend because I was there at the opening, and it was extraordinary fun...

Closing Reception of Star Wars Show @ West Tampa Center for the Arts - Remember my review of the "I still have a bad feeling about this" Star Wars show at the West Tampa Arts Center? [Link]. They're having a closing reception for this show tonight, Friday, Dec. 30th, and I am assured there will be lots of additional new work not shown at the opening. This is the hottest arts event in the Bay Area tonight. WTCA, 7:30 PM, 1906 N. Armenia Ave, Tampa.
__________________________________

First Night @ St Petersburg (several locations) - First Night is the New Year's Eve (Saturday, Dec 31st) event held in downtown St Pete. There's lots of venues and performances by many of the top groups in the area. See here [Link]. Buy your buttons beforehand if you can. Rebecca Pulley and Ronnie Elliott at the History Museum? Yes. But...one of the best, must-see things on First Night will be...

The Peek in a Pod from 6–to-Midnight, South Straub Park


  • In PODS mobile storage units selected artists including Blue Lucy, Coralette Damme, Sara McClaron and Kim Radtaz will create unique one of a kind spaces. South of the Fine Arts Museum, towards the water from the maze. I can recommend this without reservation.

     _______________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thumbs up, Luis. Come on by my POD installation to get a t-shirt. Can't wait to see what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Kim Radatz, thank you Luis and thank you for stopping by to check out my 'wave' installation in my POD. It was great to meet you and chat about my work. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete