Monday, March 28, 2011

Rainy Night in St. Petersburg. Queenshead opening is Tuesday, not Monday as listed.

Drove from Tampa to St. Petersburg in the rain at rush hr to see the Queens Head Pub show. Dodged crazed guys in pick-ups kicking up cascades of white water and gingerly crossed huge puddles. Met up with a friend. Got to Queenshead and a woman peeped out the door to tell us they weren't open, that the show is tomorrow. What? 

My friend went on shopping, I holed up at Kahwah to type this and to look at the Website for Clay Around the Bay to see if I had made a mistake. I hadn't.  Straight off the site:


Tags: ,
QueensheadQueenshead Eurobar
2501 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg 33713
(727) 498-8584
www.thequeensheadbar.com
March 28 – April 3, 2011  [My Bold]
The White Show
Kozlowski5 Generations of Women in Clay.  Elizabeth Kozlowski, Gia Dwin, Nicole Gugliotti, Jamie Bardsley.
Artist: Elizabeth Kozlowski

Tags: , , ,
_____________________________________
The date on Clay around the Bay site is wrong as is the Clay Around the Bay brochure. Apparently a half-dozen AT  readers braved the rain besides me, and sent mail, wondering if I'd gotten the date wrong. That is not the case. Apparently, the show starts Tuesday, though at the moment that is pure hearsay. I'll go back by tomorrow (time is still a mystery) since there are two other openings, C. Emerson (11-4 PM) and Salt Creek (also 11-4PM). Hopefully, Queenshead will be open also.

--- Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment